Cheresa R. Lordi
Lordi, circa 1997
- Missing Since 02/14/1997
- Missing From Kansas City, Missouri
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/16/1977 (45)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 110 pounds
- Medical Conditions Lordi suffers from epilepsy and is classified as disabled.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Lordi has a tattoo of a dot on her wrist, a tattoo of a rose on her leg, and a tattoo of a marijuana leaf on her leg. She may use the last name Scutter or Lordi-Seutter.
Details of Disappearance
Lordi was last seen on February 14, 1997 when her brother-in-law gave her a ride to her apartment at 11th and Benton Streets in Kansas City, Missouri. She has never been heard from again. Lordi's personal belongings, including her purse and clothing, were found inside her apartment after she vanished.
Lordi frequented the Independence Avenue northeast area of Kansas City in 1997. Her mother stated she associated with prostitutes on Independence Avenue, although she had no criminal record for prostitution-related offenses. She received a disability benefit check every month which was delivered to her mother's home, but she has not picked it up since her disappearance.
Her disappearance is believed to be related to the disappearances and murders of several other local women who were involved in prostitution and drugs. The other missing women include Jamie Pankey and Connie Williams; both of them disappeared from Kansas City in 1996 and were never found. Several other women were murdered and their bodies dumped in the Missouri River; their cases are believed to be connected to Lordi, Williams and Pankey's.
Foul play is suspected in all the cases, which remain unsolved.
- Kansas City Police Department
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 31, 2008; details of disappearance updated.