Chris Michael Jennings
Chris, circa 1980
- Missing Since 09/07/1980
- Missing From Kootenai County, Idaho
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/19/1963 (59)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 150 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Ford Mustang
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Chris has a light brown mole on the left side of his upper lip and half-inch scar on his right eyebrow.
Details of Disappearance
Chris was last seen in Kootenai County, Idaho on September 7, 1980. He was active in the 4-H program at his school and went to the North Idaho State Fair that day, showing his pigs. He left to go to his family's home off Ramsey Road to feed his other animals. He supposedly went to a party later. He never returned home and has never been heard from again.
Chris disappeared at the start of his junior year at Lakeland High School. His parents were fighting and he didn't like it, and there was speculation at first that he had simply run away, but after time passed without anyone hearing from him, law enforcement began to investigate other theories.
There were rumors that Chris was racing cars with his friends that night, and there was an accident in which he was killed. One witness reported seeing a Ford Mustang, "wrecked with lots of blood inside." Police were never able to confirm the stories, however.
His case remains unsolved and the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.
- Kootenai County Sheriff's Office 208-446-1300
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 11, 2019; casefile added.