Christene Anna Nickle Seal
Seal, circa 1972
- Missing Since 06/19/1972
- Missing From Verona, Missouri
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/02/1949 (73)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A shortie nightgown, a white bathrobe and no socks or shoes.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Seal's nickname is Chris. She frosted her hair prior to her disappearance and it may appear blonde.
Details of Disappearance
Seal was last seen at her Verona, Missouri home on June 19, 1972. Her husband left the house at 8:00 a.m. while she and their two-year-old son were asleep. At 9:45 a.m., he stopped by the house again and found their son alone, crying. There was no indication of Seal's whereabouts and she has never been heard from again.
She left behind her purse, clothes, shoes and car. Bloodhounds traced her scent only as far as the driveway, behind where the family's car was parked.
The mailman had stopped by the Seal home at 9:30 a.m. and saw their child just inside the screen door crying, indicating Seal disappeared sometime before that.
Seal's husband filed for divorce in 1974. He has since remarried and his second wife adopted Seal's son. Seal's case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.
- Lawrence County Sheriff's Department 417-466-2131
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 13, 2019; middle name and picture added, clothing/jewelry description and details of disappearance updated.