Christina Ann Battin
Christina, circa 2003; Age-progression to age 29 (circa 2017)
- Missing Since 06/08/2003
- Missing From Thousand Palms, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 09/27/1988 (34)
- Age 14 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'6, 100 - 110 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Blue late model Ford Explorer
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Christina may have dyed her hair red or brown. Her nickname is Chris and some agencies give her name as "Christine."
Details of Disappearance
Christina disappeared from her home in Thousand Palms, California on June 8, 2003. She was last seen the next day at the Red Roof Inn; a friend saw her leaving the hotel with an unidentified male. He is described as about 22 years old, with a tattoo on his left arm. He drove a blue late model Ford Explorer.
Authorities believe Christina may have been a witness in the child molestation case against Douglas J. Marino. He was arrested in July 2003, a month after her disappearance, and charged with six counts involving a seven-year-old boy, and authorities believe he had abused an eight-year-old as well. However, their prosecution efforts were hampered by their inability to locate Christina. It's unclear how the case against Marino concluded.
Although Christina is classified as a runaway with many agencies, she is missing under suspicious circumstances and there are rumors that she met with foul play. Her case remains unsolved.
- Riverside County Sheriff's Office 760-836-3215
Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 22, 2019; details of disappearance updated.