Christina M. Monteiro
Monteiro, circa 1988
- Missing Since 07/01/1988
- Missing From New Bedford, Massachusetts
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 11/12/1968 (54)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'5, 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A shirt, blue jeans and sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Monteiro was addicted to heroin at the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Monteiro has needle marks in both arms, scars on both wrists and a scar near her left eye. She has initials and words tattooed on her arms.
Details of Disappearance
Monteiro's family last heard from her in May or June 1988, and she was last seen in July 1988 in New Bedford, Massachusetts. She has never been heard from again.
The remains of nine women, all in their twenties and thirties, all of whom had issues with drugs and prostitution, were found along highways in New Bedford in 1988 and 1989. Investigators believe they were murdered by a serial killer.
Monteiro fits this profile and is believed to have been another victim in the series, and so is Marilyn Roberts, who disappeared from the city in April 1988. The murders, and Roberts and Monteiro's disappearances, remain unsolved.
- New Bedford Police Department 508-991-6320
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 12, 2017; medical conditions added, details of disappearance updated.