Christina Maxine Whittaker
Whittaker, circa 2009
- Missing Since 11/13/2009
- Missing From Hannibal, Missouri
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/28/1988 (34)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'6, 120 - 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A pink tank top under a white v-neck top with sleeves down to the elbow, size 5 blue jeans, brand new white Nike sneakers with pink stripes, and a ring on her right hand with a half-inch diamond cluster and a pink center stone.
- Medical Conditions Whittaker suffers from bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety and fibromyalgia, and she was taking prescription medications for these conditions at the time of her disappearance. She began taking the psychiatric medication when she was eighteen years old. According to her mother, Whittaker did not like the effects of the medications and took them irregularly, and she had made suicidal statements before she disappeared. She has not had access to her medicine since her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, brown eyes. Whittaker may use the name Tina Young. Her ears are pierced, her left femur has been previously fractured, and she has a Cesarean section scar on her abdomen. She has a surgical scar on her left knee with rod indentations on both sides, and the following tattoos: a ten-inch by eight-inch outline of an angel with the middle finger up on her back and a Care Bear with a marijuana leaf on the inside of her ankle. Whittaker's hair is naturally curly, but she often wears it straightened.
Details of Disappearance
Whittaker was last seen in Hannibal, Missouri on November 13, 2009. That evening, she went with friends to the Rookie's Sports Bar in the 600 block of Broadway. She was asked to leave after she became drunk and began harassing other bar patrons.
Whittaker left the bar alone at 11:45 p.m. She asked several different people for a ride. She has never been heard from again. Her cellular phone was found lying on the ground on south Seventh Street, several blocks away.
Whittaker's mother believes her mental illness may have played a role in her disappearance. She described her daughter as "child-like" and naive and said the psychiatric medication she took made her susceptible to manipulation.
There have been reported sightings of her in the Peoria, Illinois area since her disappearance, and her mother has gone to that city numerous times to look for her.
Whittaker left behind her infant daughter. She has a warrant out for her arrest; she had been arrested for driving on a revoked license before her disappearance, and she missed a court date on December 18, 2009. Her loved ones don't believe she left of her own accord, as she has no history of such behavior.
She lived in the 1700 block of Ruby in the Oakwood neighborhood of Hannibal at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Hannibal Police Department 573-221-0987
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 30, 2012; picture added, details of disappearance updated.