Christine Marie Markey
Markey, circa 1993
- Missing Since 01/10/1993
- Missing From Oneida, New York
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/13/1970 (52)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2, 105 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black leather coat with fringe on the bottom, black jeans, small pearl ring on her left middle finger, a gold chain necklace with a pearl and diamond on it, and a gold bracelet. Carrying a leather pocketbook.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Markey has a rose tattooed on her right ankle and a scorpion tattooed on her left hip. There is a scar on her chin. Her nickname is Chris.
Details of Disappearance
Markey was last seen in Oneida, New York on January 10, 1993. She got into an altercation with her girlfriend of several years at a bar in the vicinity of Phelps Street that day. Markey had apparently been seeing a man, and her girlfriend confronted them together at the bar.
They argued, and Markey and her girlfriend left together. Their landlord saw them go into the apartment they shared in the 400 block of Elizabeth Street. Markey has never been heard from again. She took no other personal belongings with her and she never picked up her last paychecks from either of her two jobs, one of which was at the Oneida Ltd. factory's knife division.
Markey's boyfriend was questioned and ruled out as a suspect, but her girlfriend is considered a person of interest in the case. The two women had apparently had a troubled relationship for the past four or five years.
Markey had several run-ins with the law prior to her disappearance, but her father said she'd been doing well in the three or four years before she vanished and had attended business and real estate classes at Morrisville State College.
Although there is no hard evidence of foul play, authorities consider her disappearance suspicious. No one has been charged in connection with Markey's disappearance; her case remains unsolved.
- Onieda City Police 315-363-2323
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 8, 2015; details of disappearance updated.