Christopher Chad Wiles
Wiles, circa 2019; Wiles's wallet
- Missing Since 02/07/2019
- Missing From Humphreys County, Tennessee
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/19/1981 (41)
- Age 37 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 195 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white shirt and blue jeans. Carrying a brown leather wallet with a design of a sword and a triskelion. A photo of the wallet is posted with this case summary.
- Medical Conditions Wiles has a history of drug and alcohol abuse, but was substance-free and in recovery at the time of his disappearance.
- Associated Vehicle(s) 1998 Buick (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Wiles goes by his middle name, Chad.
Details of Disappearance
Wiles was last seen in Humphreys County, Tennessee on February 7, 2019. He purchased a 1998 Buick that day and spent the afternoon showing it to his friend around town.
While he was driving home that evening, at about 8:00 p.m., the Buick broke down in stormy weather in the 8200 block of Old Highway 13. He went to a nearby house and used their phone to call his girlfriend and ask for a ride. She had been drinking, however, and didn't feel she could drive safely.
Wiles thanked the resident whose phone he'd borrowed, and was last seen walking back to his car in the rain. He has never been heard from again. His girlfriend began driving around looking for him the next day, and when she couldn't find him she filed a missing persons report. Severe storms had hit the area and there was flooding. An extensive search of the area turned up no indication of his whereabouts.
Wiles had told his girlfriend he had a flat tire, but when the police located the vehicle none of the tires were flat. It was almost entirely out of gas, however, and probably could not have driven. Since he grew up in the area and was very familiar with it, authorities don't believe he would have gotten lost. They think he probably tried to seek shelter from the weather and then something happened to him.
Although he had a history of substance abuse, Wiles had turned his life around in the year prior to his disappearance. He had gotten clean, joined Alcoholics Anonymous and gotten a steady job. The circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.
- Humphreys County Sheriff's Office 931-296-7792
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 6, 2020; casefile added.