Christopher Gage Daniel
Christopher, circa 2012; Age-progression to age 17 (circa 2022); Molli McClaran; Leon McClaran
- Missing Since 09/23/2012
- Missing From Unionville, Tennessee
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/29/2005 (17)
- Age 7 years old
- Height and Weight 4'0, 50 pounds
- Medical Conditions Gage may be in need of medical attention for unspecified reasons; he's classified as a special needs child.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Christopher goes by his middle name, Gage, and most accounts refer to him by that name.
Details of Disappearance
Gage disappeared with his half-sister, Chloie Leverette. They lived with their grandparents, Leon "Bubba" McClaran and Molli McClaran, in the 700 block of Kingman Road in Unionville, Tennessee. Photos of the McClarans are posted with this case summary. The children were last seen at home at 6:30 p.m. on September 23, 2012.
At 9:30 p.m., the house caught fire and burned to the ground, killing the children's grandparents. Authorities thoroughly searched the wreckage, but couldn't find any sign of the children or their remains. The remains of the McClarans' pet dog and bird were found in the rubble, but there was no indication of the children's whereabouts.
Investigators are still unsure as to what caused the fire, but the county sheriff said he thought the blaze was accidental. The McClarans had over thirty propane tanks in the basement and fire officials found evidence that the tanks had ruptured, although there was no sign of an explosion.
Authorities believed at first that the two children had died in the fire, but forensic anthropologists who examined the scene have found no evidence of that. The circumstances of their disappearances are unclear.
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation 800-824-3463
Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 9, 2023; age-progression updated.