Christopher Michael Collyer
Collyer, circa 1999
- Missing Since 06/22/1999
- Missing From Rifle, Colorado
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/15/1980 (43)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'8, 130 - 170 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Black pants or jeans, red boxer shorts, socks and no shirt.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, green eyes. Collyer's nickname is Chris. His ears are pierced and he has scars on his knee, his back and his right shin. He had a goatee at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Collyer was last seen swimming in the Colorado River south of Rifle, Colorado on June 22, 1999. He dived off the cement retaining wall into the river and then when he tried to swim back to shore, he was swept away by the fast-flowing current and disappeared. An extensive search turned up no sign of him; he is presumed drowned.
There are two plaques at the site of the retaining wall commemorating Collyer's life and death. Several people have drowned in that section of the river over the years. After Collyer's disappearance, the county erected a steel gate on the top of the wall near the shore to prevent people from jumping in.
- Rifle Police Department 970-665-6500
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 30, 2017; clothing/jewelry description added, distinguishing characteristics updated.