Clayton Antonio Simmonds
Simmonds, circa 2000
- Missing Since 09/22/1994
- Missing From St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Age 33 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 160 pounds
- Medical Conditions Simmonds suffers from mental illness.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Simmonds's nicknames are Shaku and Tony.
Details of Disappearance
Simmonds was last seen in St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands on September 22, 1994. He suffered from mental illness and had lived in a group home, but was asked to leave because he wouldn't follow the rules.
He wound up living on the streets, and also spent some time in the Eldra Schulterbrandt Living Facility, a long-term care home for the mentally ill. He kept in touch with his family occasionally. He was not reported missing until 2000 or slightly earlier, about five or six years after he was last seen.
Simmonds frequented Fort Mylner and Estate Tutu on St. Thomas and also visited the island of St. Croix. Because of his lifestyle, the exact date of his disappearance is unknown. The circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.
- United States Virgin Islands Police Department 340-774-2211
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 1, 2022, date of disappearance corrected, details of disappearance updated.