Colt Rydell Haynes

Colt, circa 2013; James Conn Nipp; Sabrina Graham

  • Missing Since 07/08/2013
  • Missing From Wilson, Oklahoma
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'0, 180 - 190 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a gray metal ring on his left ring finger.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) 2012 Honda Accord (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Colt had a goatee at the time of his disappearance. He has the following tattoos: the letters "CMFH" on his forearm, a swastika on the back of his right calf, a Colt .45 gun on his upper abdomen and a banner reading "Ride or Die" on his upper chest.

Details of Disappearance

Colt and a friend, Molly Miller, disappeared from Wilson, Oklahoma on July 8, 2013. On the evening of July 7, they were riding in a 2012 Honda Accord driven by 21-year-old James Conn Nipp. A photo of Nipp is posted with this case summary; he is frequently known by his middle name.

They were driving recklessly and throwing rocks at marked police cars. At 10:30 p.m., when a police car attempted to pull them over, the vehicle sped off and a chase resulted. The Honda, which reached speeds of up to 120 miles per hour, went over the county line into Love County and that county officers joined the pursuit, but eventually the police lost them in the vicinity of Long Hollow Road, which is a dead-end road.

Molly dialed 911 at 12:47 a.m. The call lasted only five seconds before it was dropped, and she didn't say anything. The caller made several more calls to 911, but each call was dropped. The dispatcher called back, but no one picked up.

Colt's friends stated he called them during the early morning hours and asked for help, saying he was lying in a creek bed and he had a broken ankle and was coughing up blood. He thought he was between between Long Hollow and Pike Roads. His friends drove up and down the roads, honking their horns while talking to Colt on the phone, but he said he couldn't hear their honks and yells. Molly also made several calls to family and friends during the early morning hours, saying she was in a field somewhere in Love County and asking someone to come and get her.

In spite of the 911 calls, police were never dispatched to the area where they were placed. The last phone call made by Molly was placed at 10:00 a.m.; the number she dialed has not been publicly released. Her phone pinged at the corner of Pike and Oswald Roads at the time.

Molly and Colt have never been heard from again. On July 22, the Honda Accord was found wrecked in a field near where the police pursuit had ended. It had over $18,000 worth of damage.

In January 2014, arrest warrants were issued for Nipp and his girlfriend, Sabrina Graham, who owned the Honda. A photo of Graham is posted with this case summary. She had told police Nipp had stolen it, but later admitted she had given permission to borrow it. She was charged with filing a false insurance claim.

After Nipp turned himself in, he told authorities he had "no idea" where Molly and Colt were. He was convicted of endangering others while eluding a police officer and sentenced to ten years in prison followed by ten years of probation, but investigators have never been able to prove he had a hand in Molly and Colt's disappearances.

Nipp has a prior criminal record for marijuana possession and claims he began smoking marijuana as a child and was a heavy user by mid-adolescence. He served four years of his ten-year sentence and was released from prison in 2018.

Colt also has a record; in 2011 he was charged with endeavoring to manufacture methamphetamine, and admitted to using methamphetamine and marijuana. He was allowed into a deferred sentencing program, but his probation officer asked that he be returned to court because he had made no progress in the program and continued to associate with known criminals. A bench warrant was issued for his arrest on July 18, but by then he had disappeared.

Colt left behind an infant son. He had gotten involved with drugs during his teenage years; his sister stated he used drugs sporadically, and would stay away from home when he used them, but always kept in touch to let people know he was safe.

Foul play is suspected in his and Molly's disappearances. A private investigator hired by Molly's family believes the pair were shot and killed after a fight. Both cases remain unsolved.

Investigating Agency

  • Wilson Police Department 580-668-2136
  • Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation 800-522-8017
  • Carter County Sheriff's Office 580-221-5506

Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 18, 2019; details of disappearance updated.