Corey Domanic Smith
Smith, circa 2009
- Missing Since 03/01/2009
- Missing From Clearwater, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 10/02/1979 (43)
- Age 29 years old
- Height and Weight 6'3, 250 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) 21-foot fishing boat (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Smith was last seen in Clearwater, Florida on March 1, 2009. He was on a 21-foot fishing boat off the Gulf Coast with three other men: Victor Marquis Cooper, William Bleakley and Nick Schuyler. When they didn't return, the Coast Guard launched a search.
They found Schuyler at 1:35 a.m. on March 2, clinging to the side of the overturned boat. He was suffering the effects of hypothermia and dehydration. The other three men were missing. Schuyler stated they had disappeared one after another. An extensive search turned up no sign of Bleakley, Cooper or Smith. They are presumed to be lost at sea.
Smith is originally from Richmond, Virginia. He won a football scholarship to North Carolina State University and graduated with a degree in textiles management. After college he became a professional football player. He played as a defensive end with the Detroit Lions at the time of his disappearance. His body has never been found.
- Clearwater Police Department 727-562-4080
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 2, 2010; casefile added.