Corey Michael Lang
Lang, circa 2011
- Missing Since 04/03/2011
- Missing From Erving, Massachusetts
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/04/1979 (44)
- Age 32 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8 - 5'9, 175 pounds
- Medical Conditions Lang suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and was hospitalized twice for his condition.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Dark brown hair, brown eyes. Lang keeps his hair very short. Both his arms are tattooed; one of the tattoos is of a sword with the "Forbearance" on it.
Details of Disappearance
Lang was last seen in Erving, Massachusetts on April 3, 2011. He drove to the French King Bridge and shot himself, and his body fell off the bridge and into the Connecticut River below. It was swept away before it could be recovered, and in spite of an extensive search, the remains were never located.
Lang was in the army between 1998 and 2000, and served in Bosnia and Kuwait. He worked as a mechanic. After he developed mental illness, he was hospitalized twice at New Hampshire State Hospital for treatment. The first time stayed seven weeks; the second time, six months. His apparent suicide happened seven weeks after he was discharged from the hospital.
Lang enjoys reading, restoring old motorcycles and making trips across the United States, and he ran marathons and hiked the Appalachian Trail and the Long Trail.
He was born and raised in Hinsdale, New Hampshire and lived there his entire life, except for the years of his military service. He lived with his parents in Hinsdale and that city's police are assisting with the investigation.
- Massachusetts State Police 413-773-5361
- Hinsdale, New Hampshire Police Department 603-336-7766
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 12, 2013; casefile added.