Corey Tahj Kelly
Kelly, circa 2017; Tattoo on Kelly's forearm
- Missing Since 09/11/2017
- Missing From North Charleston, South Carolina
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 07/21/1998 (24)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 165 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black shirt, black pants and black shoes.
- Medical Conditions Kelly has a history of drug abuse and mental illness.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Kelly has tattoos on both arms, including a sleeve on one forearm. A photo of his forearm sleeve is posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Kelly was last seen in the 8100 block of Windsor Hill Boulevard in North Charleston, South Carolina on September 11, 2017. His mother heard from him at 10:00 p.m. He had left home angrily and went to stay at his sister's home, but left there as well, never returned and has never been heard from again.
It's uncharacteristic of Kelly to leave without warning. His mother reported him missing on September 25. After his disappearance, his cellular phone was traced to Florida, but there was no indication of his whereabouts.
Authorities don't believe Kelly left of his own accord. His daughter had been born just ten days before his disappearance, and his family doesn't think he would have abandoned her; they think he may be dead. His case remains unsolved.
- Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office 843-873-5111
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 19, 2021; picture added.