Crosby, circa 2014
- Missing Since 10/01/2014
- Missing From Salt Lake City, Utah
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Age 59 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'10, 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black hooded sweatshirt, tan pants and no socks or shoes.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Crosby has vitiligo on his hands and hips. He has a slight gap between his front teeth and he may have a beard and mustache.
Details of Disappearance
Crosby was last seen in Salt Lake City, Utah in October 2014. The police had found him camping in an unoccupied building in Millcreek. The next day, the building manager called the police to say Crosby was gone but had left his belongings behind.
It's unclear why he was living in the building, as he had an apartment of his own just five blocks away, in the 100 block of east Helm Avenue. He had no known medical problems or mental conditions that would cause him to change his normal routine and stop contacting his family, who all lived out of state. They reported him missing in December, after he didn't get in touch with them over the holidays.
Crosby had been evacuated from New Orleans, Louisiana to Utah after Hurricane Katrina, and he was well-known in the community for his advocacy efforts with other Hurricane Katrina evacuees and homeless people. He may be living among the homeless population and may not be carrying any identification with him. His case remains unsolved.
- South Salt Lake City Police Department 801-412-3600
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 4, 2015; casefile added.