Curtis Lawrence Goodman
Goodman, circa 1989
- Missing Since 07/15/1989
- Missing From Gainesville, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/30/1958 (65)
- Age 31 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 140 - 145 pounds
- Medical Conditions Goodman has a severe intestinal condition that causes chronic pain and was scheduled for surgery as a result. He took prescription medication daily in 1989 and was unable to work due to his state of health.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Dark blond hair, blue or brown eyes. Goodman has red birthmarks covering most of his left arm. He wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Goodman was last seen by his neighbors in Gainesville, Florida on July 15, 1989. That month, he was supposed to travel to Miami, Florida for abdominal surgery. He never arrived.
When police checked his apartment on northwest 14th Avenue, they found the door unlocked, his car in the driveway, the car keys inside on a desk, and the air conditioning and lights turned on. Goodman's clothing, bicycle and golf clubs were packed in his vehicle. He left his prescription medication behind. There was no sign of him.
Goodman may have traveled to the Seattle, Washington area after his disappearance. Prior to going missing, he wrote a check for cash; the amount, over $500, was enough to get him to Seattle.
Two months after his disappearance, his mother received a car license tag from Washington; it had been paid for in Bellevue, Washington. Goodman had lived in Seattle for about a year, three years before his disappearance. He has left home before, but he always took his car and let his family know where he was going.
Goodman is a graduate of the University of Florida and previously worked as a stockbroker. He often took walks in the neighborhood and in the nearby Oaks Mall, as walking eased his pain. His case remains unsolved.
- Gainesville Police Department 352-334-2469
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 3, 2009; casefile added.