Damond Reginald Emory
Emory, circa 1996
- Missing Since 02/27/1996
- Missing From Wilmington, Delaware
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 06/20/1973 (49)
- Age 22 years pld
- Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'8, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray Nautica sweatsuit, a black leather jacket, Nike sneakers and a ring on his left pinky finger.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Emory may spell his name "Damon." He may have a seven-inch scar on his abdomen.
Details of Disappearance
Emory was last seen when a friend dropped him off in front of his home in the 400 block of east 10th Street in Wilmington, Delaware between 2:00 and 4:00 a.m. on February 27, 1996. He has never been heard from again.
Emory kept in regular contact with his mother, his pregnant girlfriend, and the mother of his young son, and it's uncharacteristic of him to leave without telling anyone or making arrangements for the care of his pet dogs. The pager he carried still worked for over a month after his disappearance, but he never answered any of his pages.
He had grown up in Wilmington and attended Newark High School. He had known people who were involved with drug activity and, prior to his disappearance, Emory himself had been arrested more than a dozen times and convicted of offenses including drug possession, assault, criminal mischief and weapons violations. His mother, however, said he'd been trying to straighten out his life and find a job. It's unclear whether drugs were a factor in his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.
- Wilmington Police Department 302-654-5151
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 7, 2019; picture added, details of disappearance updated.