Daniel Daryl Standifer Sr.
Standifer, circa 1994
- Missing Since 09/23/1994
- Missing From Indianapolis, Indiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/30/1952 (70)
- Age 41 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'6, 160 - 165 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A light blue t-shirt, blue cut-off shorts, white socks, white Converse sneakers and a gold watch.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Black/brown hair, brown/hazel eyes. Standifer may have a mustache, ponytail, beard or goatee. He wears wire-framed eyeglasses. His nicknames are Danny and Dan. Standifer has previously fractured his jaw and he has a small gap between his upper teeth. He has a tattoo of a spiderweb on each elbow and a tattoo of a scorpion on his outer right forearm.
Details of Disappearance
Standifer was last seen at approximately 6:00 p.m. on September 23, 1994 in the vicinity of 65th and College near the Broad Ripple area of Indianapolis, Indiana.
He was shooting pool at a local bar, the Stone Mug Cafe, that night, when he got into an altercation in the parking lot. He left the bar on foot, possibly en route to his apartment one mile to the south.
He was supposed to get a ride from the bar to attend his brother's birthday party, but he never arrived there and has never been heard from again.
Standifer's life was "erratic" at the time of his disappearance and he had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, so his family was initially unconcerned by his absence. As time passed without their hearing from him, however, they began to worry. They now believe he's deceased.
Standifer left behind four children. Some of his relatives believe one or both of his two sons may know what happened to him. Both of them were incarcerated after his disappearance, one for murder and one for robbery. His case remains unsolved.
- Indianapolis Police Department
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 23, 2018; picture added.