Daniel Lynn Campbell
Campbell, circa 1991
- Missing Since 04/06/1991
- Missing From Sweet Grass County, Montana
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/15/1949 (74)
- Age 47 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 130 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, green eyes. Campbell's nickname is Dan. He is left-handed and a healed fracture to his left hand. He has a scar on his chin, a scar on his upper right arm and a gap between his front teeth.
Details of Disappearance
Campbell was last seen in Sweet Grass County, Montana on April 6, 1991. He lived in Big Timber, Montana and his friends dropped him off with his dog at the Hellroaring Creek trailhead in Yellowstone National Park.
Campbell was apparently planning to hike through to Jardine, Montana, and pick up some elk antlers he'd illegally collected and cached along the way. He never arrived in Jardine and has never been heard from again.
The search began on April 9, but turned up no indication of Campbell or his dog's whereabouts. Few details are available in his case, but it's likely he got lost or injured and died somewhere in Yellowstone's backcountry.
- Sweet Grass County Sheriff's Department 406-932-5143
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 12, 2016; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.