Daniel Patrick DeSimone
DeSimone, circa 2005
- Missing Since 04/19/2005
- Missing From Pahoa, Hawaii
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/13/1959 (64)
- Age 45 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 170 pounds
- Medical Conditions DeSimone has autism. He is mentally handicapped and incapable of looking after himself.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. DeSimone's nickname is Danny. He is balding and most of his teeth are missing. He has a horseshoe-shaped scar on his nose.
Details of Disappearance
DeSimone left his home at Nanawale Estates in Puna Hawaii at 10:00 a.m. on April 19, 2005 and was last seen between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m. that day in downtown Pahoa, Hawaii. He liked to collect cans and bottles on the roadsides and was seen in the area by several merchants who gave him cans. He has never been heard from again.
There were possible sightings of DeSimone on the island of Kauai, Hawaii in the months after his disappearance, but these have not been confirmed. The circumstances surrounding his disappearance are unknown and his case is unsolved.
- Hawaii County Police Department 808-935-3311
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 21, 2005; medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.