Danielle Arion Bell
Danielle, circa 2001; Age-progression to age 18 (circa 2005); Alfredo Gomez Sanchez Jr.
- Missing Since 09/30/2001
- Missing From Pensacola, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/28/1987 (35)
- Age 14 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 110 - 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A sky-blue halter top with glitter in the fabric, a blue Tommy Hilfiger jacket, black pants, black dress shoes with a medium heel, a dolphin-shaped ring, a heart-shaped ring, a silver neck chain, diamond earrings, a gold ring set with an emerald and two diamonds, and a gold ring set with a ruby and a garnet. She was carrying a Tommy Hilfiger purse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Danielle has a scar on her right forearm. Her ears are pierced and her navel may be pierced. She has a small, homemade tattoo of a purple Playboy bunny on her pelvic region. Danielle's nickname is Dani.
Details of Disappearance
Danielle resided in Pensacola, Florida in 2001. She attended Tate High School and was a member of the cheerleading squad. She was popular at school in 2001 and enjoyed dancing and drawing. Her loved ones told investigators that she had friends who may have had a negative influence on her behavior at the time.
Danielle was last seen at a party Robert Louis Bassett Jr.'s residence on Cedar Tree Lane in Cantonment, Florida. The witnesses left the party that night, leaving Danielle behind with Bassett. Bassett, who was in his mid-twenties at the time, allegedly threatened another individual after Danielle vanished.
Investigators stated that the other male told officers that Bassett saw Danielle on September 30 and provided Bassett's contact information to law enforcement. Bassett allegedly stalked the individual for several days afterwards. He was arrested sometime after Danielle disappeared, but no charges have been filed against anyone in connection with her case. Authorities searched Bassett's residence after his arrest, but officials declined to publicly announce if any evidence was taken from the scene.
Witnesses said that Danielle visited a park on the corner of Escambia Avenue and Lakewood Avenue in Cantonment on September 30, 2001. The area where she was seen is near Bassett's house.
Prior to her disappearance, Danielle had been in a relationship with Alfredo Gomez Sanchez Jr. A photograph of Sanchez is posted with this case summary. He was later convicted of lewd and lascivious behavior and molestation in connection with his sexual activity with Danielle before she disappeared.
In the summer of 2007, Sanchez was charged with lying to investigators about his whereabouts at the time she disappeared. He had told authorities he was with his female cousin at the time Danielle went missing, and he had not seen Danielle for two or three weeks prior to his disappearance. Sanchez's cousin initially backed up his story, but later she recanted and said he had not been with her. Sanchez has not been implicated in Danielle's disappearance, however.
Danielle's disappearance remains classified a runaway, but foul play is now suspected in her case. She may have traveled to Panama City, Florida; New Orleans, Louisiana; or the state of Alabama. There is also a possibility that Danielle remained in the Pensacola area after her disappearance.
Some agencies may list September 28, 2001 as the date of Danielle's disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Escambia County Sheriff's Office 850-436-9620
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 18, 2015; distinguishing characteristics and clothing/jewelry description updated.