Darian Michelle Hudson
Hudson, circa 2017; Tattoo on Hudson's back
- Missing Since 10/22/2017
- Missing From Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt, blue jeans and possibly a dark-colored coat.
- Medical Conditions For unspecified reasons, Hudson's loved ones believe she may have been going through a mental health crisis at the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Hudson has a tattoo on the back of her right shoulder consisting of a large feather, five small birds, and the words "Birds of a feather flock together" in script underneath. A photo of the tattoo is posted with this case summary. Hudson's nicknames are D and D-Baby. Her ears and nose are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Hudson went missing from Stillwater, Oklahoma on October 22, 2017. When her parents were notified that no one could reach her, they went to Stillwater and checked her home in the 500 block of west Fifth Street. The door was open, the light was on and there were dishes in the sink, but there were no obvious signs of foul play. Hudson's cellular phone and other belongings were left behind at home. Her parents reported her missing on October 28.
About a month after Hudson was last seen, a man tried to use her credit card at a hotel in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the police were alerted. They traced the man, who said he found the card in a purse he stole from a construction site in Stillwater: the St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, which was being built at McElroy Road and Country Club Road, northwest of town. The man said he'd seen Hudson's purse hanging from a drainage pipe and took it.
The police visited the construction site and spoke to numerous workers there, two of whom said they'd seen a woman matching Hudson's description on October 26, four days after her initial disappearance. The woman was sitting on the ground in a wooded area south of the church. When the two workers went to check on her, she just looked at them blankly. They told their boss, and a group of workers went to talk to the woman again, but again she wouldn't speak to them.
A local resident who lives east of the church saw the same woman later that day, emerging from the woods and talking to his grandchildren. Another nearby resident saw the woman sitting on construction equipment on the evening of October 26, acting as if she was waiting for someone to give her a ride. There were no other sightings, but a search of the area with dogs and drones turned up Hudson's sweatshirt and wallet.
Prior to her disappearance, Hudson had been working as a server at Chili's Restaurant on Perkins Road for about two years. She had recently suffered a miscarriage, broken up with her boyfriend and lost her cherished dog. On October 21, she told her parents she wanted to move back in with them in Wichita, Kansas, and they said she could. She didn't have a vehicle at the time of her disappearance.
The circumstances of her Hudson's disappearance are unclear. She previously attended Langston University, where she played softball.
- Stillwater Police Department 405-742-8357
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 14, 2019; details of disappearance updated.