Darlene Ann Webb
Webb, circa 1983; Age-progression to age 47 (circa 2009)
- Missing Since 01/22/1983
- Missing From Daytona Beach, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/18/1962 (60)
- Age 20 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'9, 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A printed skirt, a white blouse, white flats, a gold and diamond necklace engraved with her name "Darlene," a gold necklace with a small buttercup pendant with a diamond, and another necklace with a Virgin Mary pendant.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Chevrolet Chevette (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Webb has a burn scar on her left hand. Her nickname is Dee Dee. Webb's ears are pierced. She wears eyeglasses for reading, but did not have them with her when she vanished.
Details of Disappearance
Webb left a Daytona Beach, Florida nightclub, the Beachcomber, at 1:30 a.m. on January 22, 1983. She and some friends went to the friends' cars, then parted ways. She said she was going to her own car, a Chevrolet Chevette which was parked a block away. She had to go to work early the next morning and so she didn't want to stay out too late.
Webb never arrived home. Her vehicle was located later in the day on Greenview and Seabreeze Avenues where she originally parked the night before. There was no sign of a struggle in or near the car. Her purse, driver's license, wallet, money, eyeglasses and other personal belonging were inside the vehicle; only the keys were missing. She has never been seen again.
Webb's family believes that she may have been taken against her will by person(s) unknown; they describe her as a responsible young woman who would not have left without telling anyone.
Her loved ones theorize that Webb may have memory loss as the result of her presumed abduction and may not recall her identity. She is a graduate of Seabreeze High School and was employed as the assistant manager of a Chick-fil-A restaurant in 1983. She also took classes at Daytona Beach Community College.
Webb lived with her mother and brother at the time of her disappearance. Her parents were separated and her father lived elsewhere, but Webb did not have any reported problems with this. At the time she went missing, she was active in her Baptist church and sang in the choir.
Webb's Social Security number and birth certificate have not been used since her 1983 disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Daytona Beach Police Department 386-671-5100
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 15, 2013; age-progression updated.