David Hardy Jr.
Hardy, circa 2017
- Missing Since 07/08/2017
- Missing From Oakdale, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 12/31/1938 (84)
- Age 78 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray t-shirt, blue jeans, a baseball cap and brown Crocs shoes.
- Medical Conditions Hardy suffers from Alzheimer's Disease. He has gone missing before.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Silver 2006 Ford Mustang with a black bumper cover (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Hardy was last seen by his family near Interstate 49 and Broadway Avenue in Alexandria, Louisiana on July 8, 2017. He was following his son's car in his own vehicle, en route to Opelousas, Louisiana, when he took a wrong turn. Other witnesses saw him in Oakdale, Louisiana later that day. He has never been heard from again.
On July 10, his silver 2006 Ford Mustang with a black bumper cover was found abandoned in Elizabeth, Louisiana. There were spoiled groceries in the backseat. His family stated he didn't have any relatives in Elizabeth and they don't know why he would have gone there.
Hardy's family fears someone took advantage of his vulnerable state; he had Alzheimer's Disease and could become confused. His case remains unsolved.
- Allen Parish Sheriff’s Office 337-639-4353
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 21, 2019; three pictures added.