Kapule, circa 1999
- Missing Since 10/04/1999
- Missing From Waimanalo, Hawaii
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Asian, Biracial, Pacific Islander
- Age 78 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 145 - 155 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue shirt and white knee-length shorts.
- Medical Conditions Kapule suffers from Alzheimer's Disease and a heart condition, and he has had two previous strokes. He requires medication, including a blood thinner, for his conditions.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Asian/Pacific Islander) male. White hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Kapule was last seen in Waimanalo, Hawaii on October 4, 1999. He lived in the 41-500 block of Inoa Street near Waimanalo Elementary and Intermediate School. A friend of his family was taken care of him that morning. Kapule wandered away at 6:00 a.m., while his caretaker was making breakfast, and never returned.
Kapule has a history of wandering during the afternoon hours, but his loved ones would always find him and take him home, and he had never before left home in the morning. He was carrying no identification at the time of his disappearance, but he did have some money, and he may have caught a bus somewhere. His case remains unsolved.
- Honolulu Police Department 808-529-3111
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 9, 2019; casefile added.