David Lee Adkins
David, circa 2016
- Missing Since 06/07/2016
- Missing From Whitesville, West Virginia
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 30 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10 - 6'0, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A long-sleeved brown shirt and blue jeans.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Adkins has a scar on his left leg and a scar on his forehead. He has tattoos on his right arm and his back.
Details of Disappearance
David was last seen in Whitesville, West Virginia on June 7, 2016. He lived in Bloomingrose, West Virginia with his wife. When she reported him missing, she told investigators he and three other men were stealing copper from the Big Branch Mine, which had been sealed in 2012 after a 2010 explosion killed 29 miners.
Two of David's companions, Everett Adkins and William Bennett, were charged with breaking and entering at the mine. Bennett told police he and David had been inside the mine together at approximately 2:30 a.m. when they got separated.
David's mother stated he and his wife had a troubled relationship and had separated just days before his disappearance, and that it was her idea for him to go and steal copper and he didn't want to go. An extensive search of the area turned up no indication of his whereabouts. His case remains unsolved.
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 9, 2017; casefile added.