David Milton Crouch
Crouch, circa 1997
- Missing Since 08/31/1997
- Missing From Bridger-Teton National Forest, Wyoming
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/31/1970 (52)
- Age 27 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 175 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A flannel shirt and jeans.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair.
Details of Disappearance
Crouch was last seen in Pinedale, Wyoming on August 31, 1997. That day he was on a hiking trip with three friends and a guide in the Bridger-Teton National Forest. He separated from the group and went on a solo fishing trip at Island Lake at 10,500 elevation.
The others began searching for him after he didn't return to the group's base camp at Lost Lake by nightfall, and they reported him missing the next morning. Nighttime temperatures in the Island Lake area were well below freezing, and Crouch didn't have any supplies with him, not even a coat or gloves. Authorities believe it's unlikely he survived even one night exposed to the elements.
He lived in Stevensville, Maryland at the time of his disappearance, and was an avid bicyclist who owned a bike shop with his wife in Stevensville. Extensive searches turned up no indication of his whereabouts, but he is presumed to have gotten lost or injured in the wilderness.
- Sublette County Sheriff's Office 307-367-4378
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 2, 2019; casefile added.