David Richard Williams
Williams, circa 1980
- Missing Since 11/11/1980
- Missing From Creston Junction, Wyoming
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 33 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2 - 6'3, 250 - 300 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A button-down shirt, jeans, large cowboy boots and a wedding band on his left ring finger.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Brown or tan Chevrolet Blazer
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Williams wears prescription eyeglasses with dark-colored frames.
Details of Disappearance
Williams was last seen at the old bar and service station in Creston Junction, Wyoming at 5:30 p.m. on November 11, 1980. He placed a call to his wife there, saying he was going to check on an oil rig and would be home late.
He left in a brown or tan Chevrolet Blazer driven by an unidentified Caucasian male, going south on Highway 789. He has never been heard from again. Authorities believe the vehicle Williams was last seen in was owned by David Barker Jr.; Barker is a suspect in the disappearance.
Williams had a trucking business, Chances R. Trucking in Wamsutter, Wyoming, at the time of his disappearance; the company was involved in hauling supplies to oil rigs in the area. He doesn't have a history of leaving without warning. His case remains unsolved.
- Sweetwater County Sheriff's Office 307-922-5300
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 30, 2021; clothing/jewelry description updated.