David Scott Abramovitz
Abramovitz, circa 2001
- Missing Since 05/03/2001
- Missing From Morristown, New Jersey
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/23/1978 (44)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 145 - 155 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A rope choker necklace.
- Medical Conditions Abramovitz was suicidal at the time of his May 2001 disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Abramovitz has a space between his front teeth. His nickname is Dave.
Details of Disappearance
Abramovitz was last seen on Bickford Drive in Morristown, New Jersey on May 3, 2001. He has never been heard from again. He loves mountainous areas and rock climbing. His cellular phone records proved he made calls from Burlington, Vermont or possibly received calls from the area shortly after he vanished. He discussed the bridge over the Quechee Gorge in Quechee George Village, Vermont prior to his disappearance.
Abramovitz left a suicide note behind. He also gave one of his paintings and some of his personal belongings to a friend. Abramovitz emptied his New Jersey bank account as well. Authorities have searched the Quechee Gorge several times, but they haven't recovered evidence pertaining to his case. His sister shared stories about the western United States with him prior to his disappearance.
Abramovitz's relatives suggested he grew tired of the east coast lifestyle and may have traveled west, possibly near Wyoming. His family hopes he began a new life somewhere outside of New Jersey and did not die by suicide. The theory remains unsubstantiated.
A search of hospitals and shelters in the area produced no additional evidence in Abramovitz's case. He graduated from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey in 2000. He is a writer and an artist. Abramovitz previously worked with seeing-eye dogs. His case remains unsolved. Some agencies give the date of his disappearance as May 4, 2001.
- Morris Township Police Department 973-539-0777
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 22, 2006; alternate weight added.