Dawn Marie Young
Young, circa 2005; Scar on Young's arm
- Missing Since 05/29/2005
- Missing From Sacramento, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/14/1978 (44)
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A silver necklace with a two-inch cross pendant.
- Medical Conditions Young is addicted to heroin.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown/hazel eyes. Young has a tattoo of a butterfly on her right ankle and a four-inch scar on her upper left arm; a photo of the scar is posted with this case summary. She dyes her hair frequently; in the year prior to her disappearance her hair had been dyed dark brown, bleached blonde, and dyed red. Her natural hair color is reddish-blonde.
Details of Disappearance
Young was last seen in the Sacramento, California area. There are conflicting reports as to where she was last seen; it may have been in the downtown area, or she may have been leaving her father's home in North Sacramento. She was reported missing on May 29, 2005. She has never been heard from again.
Prior to her disappearance, Young liked to attend raves in the San Diego area, without bringing her identification; her purse had been stolen and she hadn't been able to replace her identification cards. She had become addicted to heroin, and had gotten clean after a stint in rehab, but relapsed after a doctor prescribed painkillers for her after she gave birth to her daughter. She was still actively using when she disappeared.
Young's parents are still alive and hope to learn what happened to her. Her case remains unsolved.
- Sacramento Police Department 916-433-0620
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 4, 2019; picture added.