Dean G. Heagerty
Heagerty, circa 1976
- Missing Since 11/19/1976
- Missing From Oswego, New York
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark green corduroy coat, green fatigue pants, a blue or brown knit hat and blue sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Heagerty may have been depressed at the time of his disappearance and may have been suffering from memory loss.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Heagerty's hair was shoulder-length at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Heagerty was last seen in Owego, New York at 6:00 p.m. on November 19, 1976. He left his parents' residence on east Sixth Street to go for a walk and never returned. He has never been heard from again.
Heagerty was class president at Bishop Cunningham High School and enrolled at the State University of New York at Oswego, but later dropped out.
He was in a "depressed and confused state of mind" at the time of his disappearance and was under a doctor's care. He had left home before and gone to other states, but later contacted his family.
Heagerty may have been suffering from memory loss at the time he went missing. He might have attempted to go to his older brother's home in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania after he vanished; there were sightings of him in Pennsylvania, but none were confirmed. His case remains unsolved.
- Oswego Police Department 315-342-8201
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 18, 2016; middle initial and weight added, distinguishing characteristics updated.