Debora Jean Howard
Howard, circa 1976; George McCraney
- Missing Since 09/24/1976
- Missing From Live Oak, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/20/1956 (66)
- Age 20 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a Suwanee High School class ring.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Some agencies spell Howard's first name "Deborah." Her nickname is Debbie. She has a mole or birthmark on her hip, and her teeth were in excellent condition at the time of her disappearance. She wears prescription eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Howard last seen in Live City, Florida on September 24, 1976. She went to a Lake City, Florida bar with her boyfriend, George Allen McCraney, and some friends that night. According to McCraney, they returned to their Live Oak home and the next morning she packed some bags and left. She has never been heard from again.
McCraney was convicted of multiple violent offenses after Howard's disappearance. He is currently in prison serving a life sentence on unrelated charges of armed robbery, attempted rape and attempted murder. A photo of him is posted with this case summary.
Authorities believe he was involved in Howard's disappearance and that she met with foul play, but he has never been charged. Her case remains unsolved.
- Suwannee County Sheriff's Office 386-362-2222
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 23, 2019; two pictures added.