Deborah Alice Sucher
Sucher, circa 2003; George Alan Abrahamsen
- Missing Since 06/22/2003
- Missing From Fort Pierce, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/24/1955 (67)
- Age 47 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 121 pounds
- Medical Conditions Sucher is an alcoholic.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Battery-powered bicycle
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, gray eyes. Sucher has a scar over her left eye, a scar on the ring finger of her left hand, and a small scar on her right elbow. Her ears are pierced. Her nickname is Deb and she may spell her last name "Sacher" or her first name "Deborah." She may use the last names Suchez and/or Taffner.
Details of Disappearance
Sucher was last seen by her boyfriend, George Alan Abrahamsen, at her residence in the 8000 block of Pacific Avenue in Fort Pierce, Florida on June 22, 2003. She and Abrahamsen had an argument that day and police were called to the residence as a result. Abrahamsen says he heard a vehicle driving away from the home at 2:00 a.m.
She has never been heard from again. She left behind all her personal belongings, including her purse and hygiene products; the only item missing was her battery-powered bicycle, which she used in lieu of a car. She did not have a driver's license at the time she went missing.
Sucher's loved ones stated she was a good student and well-behaved as a child and teenager, but developed a problem with alcohol while in her early twenties. She got into trouble with the law and has been charged with a variety of crimes including burglary, possession of stolen property, driving under the influence, aggravated assault, disorderly conduct, theft and larceny.
She always kept in contact with her family, however, even while she was incarcerated. She was on probation for a 1997 battery conviction at the time of her disappearance, and kept in regular contact with her probation officer as required. Her disappearance was noticed when she failed to keep a scheduled appointment with her probation officer on June 24, three days after she was last seen.
Sucher's relationship with Abrahamsen was rocky. They often argued and the police were called to their home eleven times between December 2002 and June 2003. He is considered a person of interest in her disappearance. A photo of him is posted with this case summary.
Foul play is suspected in Sucher's case, which remains unsolved.
- St. Lucie County Department of Public Safety 561-468-1805
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 26, 2010; picture added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.