Deborah Dee Sykes
Skyes, circa 2005
- Missing Since 02/13/2005
- Missing From Rathdrum, Idaho
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/30/1967 (56)
- Age 38 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 125 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Black jeans, a black coat with a camel embroidered on the sleeve, white sneakers and earrings.
- Medical Conditions Sykes suffers from depression and alcoholism. She is in need of medication which she doesn't have with her.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Sykes has previously fractured her right knee and one of her knee joints is artificial. She has a tattoo of a blue heart on her left breast and a tattoo of the Canadian flag on her right hip. Sykes may use the last name Gilchrist. She has broken and discolored teeth.
Details of Disappearance
Sykes was last seen in the 7100 block of west Winchester Street in Rathdrum, Idaho on February 13, 2005. Her husband went to the grocery store in the morning while she was still in bed, and when he returned, she was gone. She apparently took off her wedding ring and left her house on foot, leaving her purse and all her belongings behind.
Sykes was distraught at the time she went missing, and she was known for drinking heavily. She doesn't have a serious criminal record, but at the time of her disappearance there was a warrant out for her arrest for writing bad checks. She was close to her family and had a reputation as a street-smart woman who could take care of herself.
Sykes had left on her own in the past, but always returned within a day or two. Her family doesn't believe she would have left for this long without contacting her husband or children. Her case remains unsolved.
- Rathdrum Police Department 208-687-0711
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 30, 2018; picture added, medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.