Richardson, circa 1995; William Darrell Lindsey
- Missing Since 10/20/1995
- Missing From St. Augustine, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/23/1947 (75)
- Age 47 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A light-colored shirt, blue jeans and dirty white sneakers.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Richardson has a bridge across the front of her mouth where several teeth should have been, a scar on her left cheek and a plastic replacement left cheekbone; she injured her face and teeth in an accident and had reconstructive surgery afterwards. She also has a scar on her abdomen. Richardson may the first names Barbara and/or Jade, and some agencies give her first name as Diane.
Details of Disappearance
Richardson was last seen on Chapin Street in St. Augustine, Florida on October 20, 1995. She has never been heard from again. She was reported missing by her son.
In 1999, the serial killer William Darrell Lindsey Sr. pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in connection with Richardson's case. A photograph of Lindsey is posted with this case summary. He led police to a three-acre, alligator-filled pit near Murray Middle School in St. Augustine, saying he had put Richardson's body there. Police could not find her remains, but they had enough evidence to prove he had killed her.
Lindsey also pleaded guilty to the murder of Donetha Snead, whose body has also never been found, and to four other murders. He died in prison in 2015.
Richardson is a native of California. Like all of Lindsey's victims, she was involved with drugs and prostitution, but it is extremely out of character for her to leave without contacting her friends and family. Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.
- St. Johns County Sheriff's Office 904-824-8304
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 6, 2019; details of disappearance updated.