Diane Thomas Scott
Scott, circa 2001
- Missing Since 05/05/2001
- Missing From Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 05/20/1961 (62)
- Age 39 years old
- Height and Weight 4'7 - 4'9, 109 - 125 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description An orange dress.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Scott has a large birthmark on her back and a scar on her right elbow. She wears glasses and two of her bottom teeth are missing. She wears a denture plate to replace them, but didn't have her dentures when she disappeared. Her hair was cut short at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Scott was last seen in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on the morning of May 5, 2001, when she dropped one of her children off at school. She didn't come to pick up the child that afternoon and has never been heard from again. She was not reported missing until May 24.
She was a noted civic figure in the area at the time of her disappearance, and lived in the 2600 block of Jefferson Street. When investigators checked her house, they found her blue Pontiac Sunfire parked there and her pocketbook, dentures and wallet inside her home.
Scott was happy with her life when she disappeared and her family doesn't believe she would have left on her own. She was a devoted and active member of the Bethuel Temple Church, she had just purchased a new car and she had enrolled in cosmetology school. Both of her parents died within a two-month period when she was six years old, and her aunt and uncle raised her after that. She has one sister.
Authorities believe Scott was the victim of a homicide. They questioned her estranged husband several times. He stated he wasn't with Scott on the day she disappeared, and he hasn't been named as a suspect in her case, but he is considered a person of interest. There was reportedly a history of violence in their relationship.
A large tub disappeared from Scott's house at around the same time she did; it would have been large enough to conceal a woman of her size.
Her disappearance remains unsolved.
- Harrisburg Bureau of Police 717-255-3131
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 29, 2021; picture added.