Dione Lynne Fox
Dione, circa 1996
- Missing Since 09/01/1996
- Missing From Tiawah, Oklahoma
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/01/1971 (52)
- Age 25 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'5, 120 - 130 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Dione has pierced ears and a scar near her left eye.
Details of Disappearance
Dione was last seen in Tiawah, Oklahoma on September 1, 1996. She has never been heard from again. Eight months after she disappeared, her car was found abandoned in Noel, Missouri, with her keys and purse inside it. Her mother lived in Noel.
Dione and her husband, Tony Fox, divorced in November 1993. Dione obtained a protective order against him a few months after their divorce was final. In May 1996, Dione told police that Tony had hit her and told her, "I'm going to get you in the dark when nobody's around."
Tony was charged with assault and violating the protective order, but Dione disappeared before the case could come to court and the charges were dropped.
Tony claims he and Dione reconciled a couple of years after their divorce and that Dione had lied about the incident where he was charged with assault; he stated she hit him and he only struck her back in self-defense and never threatened her.
Tony stated Diane didn't want to press the charges against him and told him she was going to her mother's home in Noel, where her car was later found, to avoid the court case. He maintains his innocence in her disappearance and says two people saw her alive after she disappeared.
Foul play is suspected in Dione's disappearance. Her family described her as a devoted mother who wouldn't have abandoned her children, and there has been no activity on her Social Security number since 1996.
Both Oklahoma and Missouri police are investigating the case.
- Rogers County, Oklahoma Sheriff's Office 918-342-9700
- Rogers County, Oklahoma District Attorney's Office 918-923-4960
- McDonald County, Missouri Sheriff's Office 417-223-4319
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 7, 2018; casefile added.