Dona Marie Perry
Perry, circa 2016
- Missing Since 01/05/2016
- Missing From Ojai, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/18/1947 (76)
- Age 68 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A teal and blue two-tone jacket, a flannel shirt, a brown wide-brimmed hat, a wedding ring and a pull-string backpack.
- Medical Conditions Perry was in the early stages of Alzheimer's Disease at the time of her disappearance. She was still very independent, however.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Gray hair, green eyes. Perry wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Perry was last seen at a Starbucks coffee shop in Ojai, California on January 5, 2016. She left home at approximately 9:00 a.m. for a doctor's appointment in Thousand Oaks, California, but she canceled her appointment and has never been heard from again.
Two days later, her car was found abandoned at the start of a the Gridley Trail, a hiking trail leading miles into the Los Padres National Forest. This was in the opposite direction of Perry's doctor's office.
An extensive search of the area turned up no indication of Perry's whereabouts. She and her husband had gone on vacation in Pismo Beach, California shortly before she went missing, and she seemed slightly agitated after they returned, her husband stated she wasn't acting out of the ordinary.
Perry has ten children, including six foster children with severe disabilities whom she and her husband took in during the 1990s. Her disappearance remains unsolved.
- Ventura County Sheriff's Department 805-654-2324
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 14, 2018; casefile added.