Donald Raye Atkins II
Atkins, circa 2018; Birthmark on Atkins's face; Tattoo of bulldogs on Atkins's chest; Daniel Barrett;Thomas Davis; Joseph Hendricks; Linzi Phillips; Paige Williams
- Missing Since 09/02/2018
- Missing From West Monroe, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Biracial, Hispanic, White
- Date of Birth 11/07/1982 (40)
- Age 35 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 220 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Dressy clothes.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Hispanic) male. Black hair, hazel eyes. Atkins's nickname is Donnie. He has a circular dark-colored birthmark on his right cheek next to his nose, a tattoo of two bulldogs fightings on the left side of his chest, and a tattoo of praying hands on the back of his right shoulder. Photos of the bulldogs tattoo and the birthmark are posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Atkins was last seen leaving his brother's residence in the 2400 block of Jonesboro Road in West Monroe, Louisiana on September 2, 2018. He has never been heard from again. After his disappearance, Atkins's truck and wallet with cash were found at a business in Bawcomville, Louisiana.
In January 2019 and again in August 2019, police conducted searches of a property on May Row in West Monroe; they had tips that his body was buried there. Cadaver dogs indicated the presence of human remains on the site, but the searches turned up nothing, and authorities got information that his body had been removed from that property.
In July 2020, authorities announced five suspects have been charged in Atkins's case. Daniel Barrett, Thomas Davis, Joseph Hendricks and Paige Williams were charged with one count each of second-degree murder, and Linzi Phillips was charged with being an accessory after the fact to second-degree murder. Photos of all of them are posted with this case summary. All the suspects were released, however, as there was insufficient evidence to take the case to trial.
Foul play is suspected in Atkins's case due to the circumstances involved.
- Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office 318-329-1200
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 22, 2022; details of disappearance updated.