Elliott Calhoun Rountree
Rountree, circa 2004
- Missing Since 09/16/2004
- Missing From Atlanta, Georgia
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/06/1948 (75)
- Age 56 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 180 - 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a watch.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dark blue four-door 1998 Pontiac Bonneville with the Georgia license plate number APB 7793
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, hazel eyes. Rountree wears rimless eyeglasses with thick lenses. He wears a hearing aid in one of his ears and has caps on some of his teeth. He occasionally gets eczema, a skin disorder, on his fingers. Rountree's nickname is Cal. He may use the aliases Kyle Rountree and/or Fred Stokes.
Details of Disappearance
Rountree was last heard from on September 16, 2004 as he was departing Perimeter Mall the vicinity of the 3700 block of Ashford-Dunwoody Road in Atlanta, Georgia. He may have been carrying a briefcase at the time.
He was on the way to visit one of his title pawn stores in Newnan, Georgia, but never arrived there. He has never been heard from again. His car, a dark blue four-door 1998 Pontiac Bonneville with the Georgia license plate number APB 7793, is also missing.
Rountree's loved ones say it is uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. He owned five title pawn stores in northern Georgia which were very important to him and they do not believe he would walk away from them without making arrangements for their upkeep.
His credit cards have not been used since his disappearance, and his passport was left behind. His last cellular phone call was made near a phone tower in Gwinnett County, Georgia.
Rountree's family hired a private investigator to try to find him after his disappearance; they complained that the police seemed uninterested in his case. They theorize that he met with foul play as the result of his title pawn businesses; he had been threatened occasionally because of his work.
However, there is no hard evidence of foul play in Rountree's case. His disappearance remains unsolved.
- DeKalb County Police Department 404-294-2574
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 3, 2005.