Emma Lorene Vaughn
Emma, circa 1982; Age-progression to age 50 (circa 2017)
- Missing Since 07/10/1982
- Missing From Orlando, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/10/1967 (55)
- Age 14 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 114 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A light purple sleeveless shirt, jeans and sandals.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Emma's upper left front tooth was chipped at the time of her disappearance. She has had extensive dental work. She has a scar on her chin, a scar under her left eye, a scar on her eyebrow and a strawberry birthmark on the front of her right calf. Emma tended to bite her fingernails and toenails in 1982. She may use the first name Christine.
Details of Disappearance
Emma was last seen walking down Robinson Street in Orlando, Florida on July 10, 1982. She lived in Orlando with her mother, stepfather and siblings. She may have been sighted in the area shortly afterwards, but that report was not confirmed. Emma has never been heard from again.
She had a history as a runaway prior to her disappearance, but had always kept in touch with her family. Emma frequented the South Orange Blossom Trail and South Street areas of Orlando in 1982. She had an infant son and was not attending school.
Some reports state Emma may be in the company of her Rhonda Cannon, the 18-year-old daughter of her father's live-in girlfriend. Cannon eventually returned home, however, and stated she and Emma had become separated.
Emma was last seen in the company of labor pool workers and may have traveled to Tennessee after her disappearance; rumors placed her in that state in the company of a gas station attendant. She had also associated with prostitutes and exotic dancers, although her family denies reports that Emma was herself a prostitute or a dancer.
Emma's family moved to Marianna, Florida a few months after her disappearance, and now they reside in Missouri. Her case remains unsolved.
- Orlando Police Department 407-246-2414
Updated 10 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 9, 2019; details of disappearance updated.