Enoch Jones Jr.
Jones, circa 2000
- Missing Since 02/03/2000
- Missing From Winter Haven, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 05/03/1924 (99)
- Age 75 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 130 pounds
- Medical Conditions Jones suffers from Alzheimer's Disease.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. White hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Jones disappeared from the residence he shared with his daughter in the 2300 block of Edwin Street northeast in Winter Haven, Florida on February 3, 2000. A bloodhound tracked his scent to a park a couple of blocks away, then about five miles to the Rolling Hills Cemetery, where the dog lost the trail. He had a history of wandering away from home and is described as delusional.
There was a possible sighting of Jones in the weeks following his disappearance. Employees at a Hardee's restaurant on U. S. 27 near Interstate 4 believe he purchased a sandwich there. They said he looked clean and had enough money for his food. He has never been heard from again.
There's been no activity on Jones's bank account since his disappearance, and he hasn't picked up his Social Security benefits. Investigators believe he's no longer in the area. Foul play is not suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.
- Polk County Sheriff's Office 863-533-0344
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 20, 2009; casefile added.