Essie Elaine Valentine
Valentine, circa 2017
- Missing Since 05/29/2017
- Missing From Evensville, Tennessee
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/18/1960 (63)
- Age 57 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 175 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Unknown, but she usually wears flip-flops or other open-toed sandals, and carries a women's clip wallet or a big purse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Valentine goes by her middle name, Elaine, and she may use the last name Corbin. She wears dentures, she may wear eyeglasses for reading, and she usually paints her fingernails or wears acrylic nails. Her navel is pierced and her ears are pierced one time each. Valentine has a splenectomy scar and a Caesarean section scar on her abdomen, needle scars on her arms from drug use, and a surgical scar or scars on her knee. She has the following tattoos: a rose and the word "Mom" above her breast, the initials "ED" above her ankle, possibly a rose on the back of her shoulder, and a handmade tattoo of a heart with a ribbon on her buttocks. Her shoe size is 7 or 8.
Details of Disappearance
Valentine lived in Evensville, Tennessee at the time of her disappearance. She lived in the 300 block of Medlin Pike with her boyfriend, Robert Doyle Eatmon, who was always referred to by his middle name. Her driver's license was indefinitely suspended and she usually walked or got rides with acquaintances to get where she needed to go.
On April 29, 2017, Eatmon was arrested for domestic assault on Valentine, and on May 18, he was arrested again for possession of handguns. In May, Valentine had contact with her daughter; this is the last time her daughter heard from her.
The police came to Valentine's home on May 29th and again on June 10, in response to reports of violations of the no-contact order she had against Eatmon. O July 10, they went to Valentine's house in response to a noise complaint on July 10, and they had contact with Valentine at this time.
Eatmon was arrested on July 11, was released from jail that same day, and moved to Florida. Before he left, he gave one of his vehicles, a green GMC Jimmy, to his landlord to cover back rent. The landlord sold it and used the money to pay the debt; he sent the rest, $80, to Eatmon in Florida.
July 10, the day the police visited Valentine's home and spoke to her, is the last time anyone is confirmed to have seen her. Most of her relatives live in Florida and it wasn't uncharacteristic of her to go for a few months without contacting them. Her daughter reported her missing on October 12.
The circumstances of Valentine's disappearance are unclear, but her loved ones believe she's in danger. Her case remains unsolved.
- Rhea County Sheriff's Department 423-775-7837
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 10, 2019; casefile added.