Eubah G. Thornton
Thornton, circa 1984
- Missing Since 02/14/1984
- Missing From Winter Haven, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/05/1913 (109)
- Age 70 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'6, 125 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A long-sleeved blue or avocado-green dress, a white sweater and beige shoes.
- Medical Conditions Thornton was suffering from loss of memory and disorientation at the time of her disappearance and may have had Alzheimer's Disease. She suffers from hardening of the arteries, wears a pacemaker and is supposed to take three different kinds of medication which she doesn't have with her.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Tan 1981 Pontiac LeMans with the Florida license plate number LNC466 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Gray hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Thornton was last seen in Winter Haven, Florida on February 14, 1984. She drove her tan 1981 Pontiac LeMans with the Florida license plate number LNC466 to drop her husband off at work. Her husband called the police when she didn't pick him up at 2:00 p.m. that day.
Thornton has never been heard from again. The next day, her car was found locked and abandoned, stuck in the mud in a rural pasture off Southport Road near Kissimmee, Florida. This was about 25 miles from her home. Authorities believe she may have become disoriented and driven aimlessly until she couldn't drive anymore.
In March, a hunter found Thornton's umbrella and purse with identification on an island in a swampy area near Lake Hatchineha, about two miles from where her car was discovered. Searchers also found a pair of eyeglasses believed to be hers.
Thornton herself has never been located; her case remains unsolved. She is presumed to have died shortly after her disappearance.
- Osceola County Sheriff's Office 407-348-2222
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 13, 2017; picture added, medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.