Faith Marie Van Nortrick
Van Nortrick, circa 2004
- Missing Since 08/07/2004
- Missing From Sallisaw, Oklahoma
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/19/1962 (60)
- Age 41 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 100 pounds
- Medical Conditions Van Nortrick suffers from schizophrenia.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Graying brown hair, brown eyes. Some agencies spell Van Nortick's last name "VanNortrick." She is missing two of her upper teeth and wears a partial denture plate. Van Nortrick has freckles. She needs eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Van Nortrick was last seen in the vicinity of Chickasaw and Elm in Sallisaw, Oklahoma at 4:00 p.m. on August 7, 2004.
She had been reported missing a few days prior to this, after walking away from her home in Hitchcock, Texas when her son attempted to have her committed to a hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.
In Sallisaw on August 7, Van Nortrick was arrested on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly after she began behaving erratically at a convenience store. The arresting offer noted that Van Nortrick's speech was slurred and her pupils were dilated. After she was booked, the police discovered that Van Nortrick was not, in fact, intoxicated.
They contacted her family and asked them to come and get her, but none of Van Nortrick's relatives were able to pick her up, so she was released and left to fend for herself. She has not been seen since her release from jail, nor has she been in touch with any of her loved ones.
Van Nortrick's relatives stated that although her schizophrenia caused her to wander, it was uncharacteristic of her to be out of contact with her family. She was not carrying any identification at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Sallisaw Police Department 918-775-4142
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 13, 2009; details of disappearance updated.