Forrest Atmore Stanton
Stanton, circa 1960
- Missing Since 08/03/1960
- Missing From Billings, Montana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/13/1893 (130)
- Age 77 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 165 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray work shirt, jeans and red corduroy house slippers.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair. Stanton is left-handed. He has very distinctive handwriting. He wears eyeglasses. Some agencies give his year of birth as 1900.
Details of Disappearance
Stanton was last seen in Billings, Montana late in the evening on August 3, 1960. He lived with his wife in the 30 block of Monroe Street. His wife stated she returned home and discovered Stanton was gone. He left a note saying he would be gone for awhile because he had found "a new job" inspecting "fire damage."
There were grass fires in the area of Pompey's Pillar at the time of Stanton's disappearance, and he used to own a ranch in that area, so it's possible he was heading there. He was last seen walking north on Monroe Street, and has never been heard from again.
Stanton left all his clothes behind, save the ones he was wearing. His wife reported him missing two days after he was last seen. His case remains unsolved.
- Billlings Police Department 406-657-8461
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 12, 2019; date of disappearance corrected, clothing/jewelry description added, details of disappearance updated.