Francis August Breit
Breit, circa 1990
- Missing Since 07/01/1990
- Missing From Eagle River, Wisconsin
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 78 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'7, 120 - 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Unknown, but he usually wore jumpsuits in the summer and snowmobile suits in the winter, usually red in color.
- Medical Conditions Breit is classified as a disabled missing person.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Breit wears eyeglasses, and he had a full beard at the time of his disappearance. His nose, right hand, and leg have previously been fractured, and he has a "bull-legged" walk. His nicknames are Frank and Frankie, and he may use the last name Knauer or the name Frank August.
Details of Disappearance
Breit was living in Eagle River, Wisconsin when he disappeared. He had Social Security benefits that were automatically deposited in his bank account; the last activity on his account was in July 1990. His son reported him missing after months passed without contact. Breit reportedly had "very strange habits." Few details are available in his case.
- Oneida County Medical Examiner's Office 715-369-6196
- Eagle River Police Department 715-479-4343
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 24, 2020; casefile added.