Genelle Princess Bradford
Genelle, circa 1999; Age-progression to 35 (circa 2016)
- Missing Since 04/27/1999
- Missing From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Classification Endangered Runaway
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 05/10/1981 (42)
- Age 17 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'4, 96 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green jacket, a white shirt, tan pants and black platform shoes.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, black eyes. Genelle goes by her middle name, Princess. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Genelle disappeared from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on April 27, 1999. That day she attended classes at Wilkinsburg High School, where she was an honors student due to graduate in two months. That evening, she went to her job at the YWCA on Ross Avenue and was last seen walking home. She never arrived.
Genelle's friends didn't believe she would have run away, because she was happy with her life and looking forward to her upcoming prom. Her father wasn't a part of her life, and her mother died when she was five, so she was raised by her grandparents.
Genelle's grandparents stated her grades had slipped prior to her disappearance; during her senior year, she had stopped studying and doing her homework as conscientiously as before.
Investigators believe Genelle left of her own accord and may still be local area. Her grandmother speculated she left home due to a boyfriend and/or an unplanned pregnancy. Her case remains unsolved.
- Wilkinsburg Police Department 412-473-3056
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 3, 2017; age-progression updated.