George Dewey Nutting
Nutting, circa 1988
- Missing Since 06/12/1988
- Missing From Houston, Delaware
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/29/1968 (55)
- Age 20 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'6, 135 - 145 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Nutting's nickname is Buddy. He has a three- to four-inch scar on his forearm, a scar on his other arm, and a scar on his left thigh, and he may have a healed fracture to his wrist.
Details of Disappearance
Nutting was last seen at the Gun and Rod Club in Houston, Delaware at 2:30 a.m. on June 12, 1988. He was very intoxicated and had an argument with his wife of three months, and she left the club without him. She saw him walking away from the club as she drove.
Nutting had several other altercations on the night of his disappearance. When his wife drove back to the club several hours later to pick him up, he was missing. He has never been heard from again.
There are rumors that Nutting was killed in a fight at the club on the night of his disappearance, but authorities have been unable to confirm the accounts. His case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.
- Delaware State Police 302-697-4454
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 16, 2019; distinguishing characteristics updated.